Tuesday, November 3, 2015

On Their Own Accord

My students really enjoy engaging with their learning at home. They are accessing their GAFE accounts at home, on their time, without my prodding or prompting.

Each week,  I receive 2-3 email notifications (in the evening) that my students have shared their work with me. They want to share their work and seek feedback. They enjoy using the GAFE tools and are blending their own learning.

As a teacher and parent, I am delighted to see this from my students. I love that they are using their own time to practice what they have learned at school and use digital tools to continue their learning and to share it. Regardless of what I say to them, they take risks and push themselves to "get it".

I have written about this before - when I was teaching grade 2. The grade 4's are taking this to a whole new level for me and had to share again.

We need to keep teaching our students to learn to help themselves. To know that they can collaborate and create when they feel the need and to share so other can benefit from them.

Here is an example of what I received last night:


It always brings a smile to my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment